In Our Community
is in Decline
- The number of startups are declining, year after year.
- Only 1 in every 10 startups are in a rural area.
- Women are considerably less likely to start a business.
Why Focus on
- Most of the net new jobs in the U.S. are created by new companies.
- Innovative companies attract young, intelligent talent through high-paying, meaningful work.
- Entrepreneurs brings innovation and prosperity to the Billings economy.
- Entrepreneurs are willing to take the risks necessary to revitalize abandoned neighborhoods.
HOW YOU CAN INTERACT IN THE ROCK31 COWORKING SPACE
We Are Building a Thriving Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Billings
- We are building a co-working community designed for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and creatives.
- We help new business owners start and grow their companies through connections to experienced mentors, our expert network, business counseling, training and startup events, accelerator programming, and access to financial resources.
How Can I Interact With the Co-working Space?
- The co-working space will include hot desking, reserved desks, private offices, meeting rooms, large training room, and content creation room.
- A Rock31 membership is not required to use co-working or meeting spaces. Hourly rates are available. However, a membership provides better value and access to member only events.
Let me know when memberships become available.
PRIVATE OFFICE SPACE
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
BSED Programs Available to Entrepreneurs
Home of the SBA 504 Loan Program providing long-term financing tools for major fixed assets.
Bringing together partners and resources to anticipate and respond to community workforce needs.
Personal, timely advice on contracting your goods/services with the local, state, and federal government.
Providing tools and guidance for small business success.
For Veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses seeking to start, purchase, or grow your business.
Assisting entrepreneurs from idea to market navigate rapid change and growth to develop a pathway to success.
Works with groups to build the foundation for a desirable quality of life supported by basic infrastructure & services, as well as attractive cultural & recreational opportunities.
Bringing new business to Billings. For businesses looking to expand or relocate to Billings.
HOME OF ROCK31 ENTREPRENEUR CENTER & BSED
In 2019 Big Sky Economic Development purchased the historic Montana National Bank Building in downtown Billings, right under Skypoint. BSED is renovating the building into the new home for the Rock31 Entrepreneur Center and Big Sky Economic Development.
This four-story, 24,111 square foot building will house the Rock31 Entrepreneur Center on the main floor and lower level, providing coworking space, private offices, multipurpose event space, and quiet space to collaborate or meet with clients.
The second floor will house the training center, conference room, or event space that will accommodate anywhere from 60-100 people.
The third floor will house BSED programs, providing resources for business growth services and community development.
Big Sky Economic Development received a $2 million grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration to help with the acquisition and renovation of the project. Cushing Terrell provided the architecture and engineering services, and T.W. Clark is the general contractor for the project.
Tours of the building are available upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com.